Our "president" may not be so buff as the shirtless Vladimir Putin, but has Putin ever said anything so brave as what Bush said yesterday (to those friendly VFW folks), that we shouldn't have gotten out of Vietnam until we'd completed the job (the way he wants us to do in Iraq)? Surely that's its own kind of buff. If Bush had been in charge in 1970 (and Rove had somehow been able to engineer his remaining in charge):
- We might still be in Vietnam trying to "get the job done."
- There'd have been several times the number (58,000) of United States lives lost.
- There'd have been several times the number (350,000) of United States casualties.
- There'd have been several times the number (between one and two million) Vietnamese deaths.
- I'd probably be in jail by now (with a huge number of other Americans) for criticizing and ridiculing the simply ridiculous Bush in public.