Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Monday, February 8, 2010

Panhandling

Two February photos from a friend who lives in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia ("Metro-DC—near Historic Harpers Ferry and Charles Town"):

Says she:

That's our front and back yard. The photos are taken from the porch. This is a 6.3 acre mini farm (perfect for raising dogs).

Reminds me of something that happened when I got up this morning. I at first felt more like going back to bed than getting dressed. I resisted (it was, after all, "time to get up") and, for some reason, I remembered Zig Ziglar's lesson on revving oneself up by imagining, for example, that you're going on vacation tomorrow and you need to get a few things done today so you can get off on time. I immediately (let me say that again: immediately) felt zestful about getting dressed, letting Siegfried out into the back yard, and getting on with life!
    And I didn't even imagine a vacation; just Ziglar's reminder that we can effect our own feelings.
    Besides, I'm generally more excited about being at home than about being on vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment