Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Thunder Down Under:
Sunflowers for an Office

“Sunflowers” (detail)
Painting by Shirley Deane/Midyett

Text by Vic Midyett







A friend of Shirley’s wanted a sunflower painting for her office. So, of course, Shirley painted one for her:

“Sunflowers” (about 24" x 32")

Copyright © 2018 by Vic & Shirley Deane/Midyett

3 comments:

  1. Very Pretty. Looks like Spring and I can use some of that right now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vickie, I want one of these for my office too. Any time of the year, any season, whether “down under” or “up yonder.” But virtually any of Shirley’s larger paintings would suit me, her eye for color is dazzling.

      Delete
  2. Thank you both very much. I have passed these on to her.

    ReplyDelete