Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Thunder Down Under: Office Clouds

Detail from “Office Clouds”
For calm negotiation

Painting by Shirley Deane/Midyett

Text by Vic Midyett


Shirley did one more painting for her friend. “Office Clouds” hangs in the main conference room, where Shirley’s friend conducts conflict-resolution meetings. We all hope it will have a calming effect on the negotiators!
4' x 2'

The other paintings for Shirley’s friend, which were shared with Moristotle & Co., are “Sunflowers for an Office” & “The Aussie Kookaburra: Two paintings of the King of the Bush.”

Copyright © 2018 by Vic & Shirley Deane/Midyett

5 comments:

  1. Well, I myself could negotiate more calmly if I were sitting so I could see the painting, but might it work better for me to sit with it behind me, so the other people would keep calm too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha... now that is an interesting point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love that one, clouds bring out the imagination in most people. To me it brings back memories of laying on the ground looking for figures that appear. Oh for the good times back then

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you 'unknown' and Vickie. Vickie, all you need do is lay down and look up sweet cheeks. But then again, getting back up at our age is another story, huh? ha!

    ReplyDelete