Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Sunday, March 10, 2019

Siegfried:
A personality like no other dog

By André Duvall

Morris and Carolyn’s love and affection for Siegfried was always so tangible whenever I came to visit them, and whenever I read anything posted about Siegfried on Moristotle & Co. I am very sorry that Siegfried is no longer there. I have many memories of visiting with him during my several trips to Mebane.
    My timeline of visits there lines up with Siegfried’s residency in Collington Farms. I remember very well the first time I met him, which was in the summer of 2009. I had come to meet Dr. Willis for a tour of the UNC Greensboro campus, as a precursor to deciding to apply to UNCG that fall. I remember the “Elizabethan collar” around Siegfried’s neck at the time, to prevent him from licking a wound.
    Over my next few visits, I would notice how much Siegfried had adjusted to living in the Dean Household – more comfortable with his surroundings, and with me as a visitor. His personality was like that of no other dog I can think of. He was a beautiful creature inside and out.


I went back through my photos and culled these to share with you. They are from July 23, 2017. Morris took these photos. I think Siegfried liked me, and I know I liked him. I am sorry that he had to endure so many medical ailments in his lifetime, but I am glad that he had Morris and Carolyn as his family.




Copyright © 2019 by André Duvall

3 comments:

  1. I've spent several hours today going through Siegfried's stuff, mostly towards donation to a rescue animal shelter in Mebane. It's incredibly sad. The physical pain I have felt stabs of today have been excruciating. Of course, I wouldn't have it pain-free; Siegfried was very, very special, and I don't think I realized the extent or depth of my feelings for him before he was gone.

    We are waiting for neighbors now who are coming to take Siegfried's two pillowed beds (one from our bedroom, the other from the rear of our little Volvo station wagon).

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful tribute to the well-loved Siegfried.

    ReplyDelete