Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Friday, May 31, 2019

Peace Officer (a poem)


By Felicia Zapata Finnegan

A cup of coffee
A doughnut as he strode
All he had the time for
As he rushed to hit the road


But he did reach down and kiss me
Told me to have fun
On one hip had his hand cuffs
On the other had his gun

How he could go to work each day
So proud for us to see
To risk his life for others
So often puzzles me

Lying alone here now I wonder
If his day will safely run
This young upstanding angel
A pig to everyone


Copyright © 2019 by Felicia Zapata Finnegan

4 comments:

  1. The elegance of simplicity. Well done. Please tell me no one really uses that awful term for our brave LEOs anymore...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thought of the poem was hidden away with lots of my earlier writings. So the awful sayings were used back then. I don't believe it is use today. I hope not I love the man and woman in blue.

      Delete
  2. Very powerful and poignant contrasting of his own perspective with how you perceive him to be viewed by others. Very thought-provoking poetic commentary!

    ReplyDelete