Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Help promote edRogers’ latest published novel

By Moristotle

“Readers play a significant role in selecting the winner,” says Amazon’s announcement of its 2019 Kindle Storyteller contest with an award of £20,000 to an outstanding writer publishing in English through Kindle Direct Publishing.
    Personally, I think edRogers’ latest novel, BODY COUNT: Killers, deserves to win on its own merits alone, but Amazon’s judges will look not only at the books entered, but also at reviews of the books on Amazon.


So...can you help? If you are already an edRogers fan, you of course already know that BODY COUNT: Killers deserves your vote. You can “vote” on Amazon by leaving a review, which you can do only by first purchasing the book, as I did the first day the paperback went on sale.
    I submitted my own review yesterday. I’m asking you to please do the same. Purchase the paperback here on Amazon, or purchase the Kindle eBook here. Read or sample the book and then click on the “review this item” link to post your review. And do it now, before the judges have finished judging. Thanks!
    Note that Amazon has links for you to share your review on Facebook or by way of email. So, if you are on Facebook, please pass the word to your friends there by sharing your review of BODY COUNT: Killers. And share it by email with other friends you think would enjoy Ed’s books. Such friends deserve to know.
    Also, if you have purchased earlier edRogers novels but didn’t submit a review on Amazon, please do it now, as I myself did. It can’t hurt for judges to see them too.


Here’s what some early readers of Ed’s BODY COUNT: Killers manuscript had to say, as their reviews appear on the back cover of the paperback:

An added bonus for edRogers’ fans is that Killers has a sequel; BODY COUNT is a series:
    BODY COUNT: Killers is the first of a projected series of novels featuring soon-to-be-retired Detective Blake Harris. Faced with a murder case involving a possible serial killer, he is approached by the United States Department of Homeland Security with a proposal that may be more than he bargained for.
    BODY COUNT: Roatán is in preparation for publication as Killers goes to press.
Copyright © 2019 by Moristotle

2 comments:

  1. To those who might be wondering why my review of BODY COUNT: Killers hasn’t appeared yet on Amazon:

    Amazon's guidelines for reviews are a lot more exacting than I realized until after I submitted my review, which was rejected on account of its being a marketing, or promotional, advertisement and not simply a comment by a satisfied reader. The fact that I am listed as the book’s editor might have been (probably was) the tip-off, plus the fact that my name appears on the cover (for my blurb about the BOYSTOWN novels). Lesson learned, the hard way. I hope that some of you reading this can help take up the slack by leaving your reviews on Amazon. In advance, I thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete