Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Saturday, March 6, 2021

Save the text of a comment before you try to post it!

...in case there’s a problem

By Moristotle

A reader emailed me this morning, “I wrote a comment on...and hit preview, and my comment vanished!” And his wasn’t the only such email.
    In fact, I had a few minutes of very unusual activity surrounding my own initial attempts at commenting this morning. (Blogspot is only human.) But everything cleared up shortly and I was soon back in business, posting comments again with no problem at all. I didn’t even have to re-enter the initial comment, because I had saved it to the pasteboard before I clicked to preview.
    Always save the text of a comment to the pasteboard before clicking to preview or publish. And do it when commenting on other websites as well. It’s easy to do (especially after developing the habit), and it will save you from frustration and rework.


Copyright © 2021 by Moristotle

4 comments:

  1. Even the text of this comment I’m making now I saved to the pasteboard (even my iPad has one) before clicking to publish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advise. I have to admit I had a little difficulty posting my first few comments when I joined. As you can tell, I soon got the idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for persisting. A few others have given up. (I’m going to copy this to the pasteboard before I publish it.)

      Delete
    2. From my pasteboard: “Thank you for persisting. A few others have given up. (I’m going to copy this to the pasteboard before I publish it.)”

      Delete