Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Thursday, May 5, 2022

“Goines On” Goes On to Win

State Library of North Carolina
2021 Writing Contest



By Moristotle

My “Goines On” portrait includes a string of eight fictional vignettes from Spring 2020 that I’m especially proud of because they investigate some dark disparities of life and come to a light resolution:
Real people
Goines speaks to G
The tome was empty
The Jesus experiment
A Jessica experiment
Previous Jessica experiments
Evidence of things not seen
Heavenly Productions, Ltd.
    I reworked them for submission to the 2021 Writing Contest of the State Library of North Carolina, dropping their titles in the resulting short story, which I have stored in our Back Pages.
    Early last week, the certificate, lanyard, and medal shown in the photo arrived in the mail, in an envelope marked “Free Matter for the Blind.” I am not blind, but surgery on my brain in 1996 compromised my vision and rendered me eligible for the Library’s Accessible Books & Library Services – specifically its “talking books”; I do not read braille.
    The Library’s April newsletter (Tar Heel Talk, Issue No. 167) announced the contest results:


Copyright © 2022 by Moristotle

2 comments: