Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It's not easy being a Costco Photo Center supervisor

Costco Photo Center wrote:
Thank you for contacting Costco Photo Center Support.
    We apologize for the inconvenience. As per your request we have submitted a supervisor callback. A supervisor will contact you within 24 hours.
    Thank you,
    Costco Photo Center Support

Dear Costco Online Photo Center Support:
Thanks. I got the callback last night. I apologize for raising my voice to the supervisor. In my frustration and anger at hearing once again that "nothing can be done," I was unable to speak in a normal voice when I told her that she had "at last succeeded in shutting me up."
    And my sarcastic "Congratulations!" was of course unnecessary and discourteous. I am sorry.
    And I apologize, too, for hanging up on her.
    I hope that she has a nice day. It's not easy being a Costco Photo Center supervisor.

Previous Correspondence

Costco Photo Center wrote:
Thank you for contacting Costco Photo Center Support.
    When an order is placed, the order can only be sent to one address. If items need to be sent to more than one address, more than one order needs to be placed. Unfortunately, we are unable to refund for any additional shipping charges after the order has been delivered.
    Thank you,
    Costco Photo Center Support

Dear Costco Online Photo Center Support:
Then I have to tell you that your Photo Center person I spoke with during my placing the order did not tell me this. He should have advised me to re-do the order, but he did not do that. As a result, I did not get the outcome I wanted (and which he understood I wanted), plus I am out additional money to redirect one of the canvases to the correct destination. It seems to me that for Costco to refuse to provide the $20 refund that I requested of the woman I spoke with about one hour ago (which she said she would put in for) is not fair and not in keeping with Costco's policy of customer service and satisfaction.
    I am very dissatisfied. This does not speak well for Costco. It does not reflect the Costco that I have come to love and give my allegiance to. I spend over a hundred dollars (and sometimes several hundred dollars) at Costco virtually every week of the year, and have done so for several years.
    Please reconsider and approve the $20 refund. It's the right thing to do. If you can't bring yourself to do it, then please tell me who your supervisor is and provide contact information.

Costco Photo Center wrote:
Thank you for contacting Costco Photo Center Support.
    Unfortunately, we are unable to refund shipping for orders that are to go to 2 different addresses. For future reference, for any order needing to go to 2 different addresses, you will need to order 2 different orders. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Thank you,
    Costco Photo Center Support

Dear Costco Online Photo Center Support:
While it is nice to hear from you again, you aren't telling me what I think I deserve to hear, that you are at least reimbursing me for the expense of getting one of the two canvas prints redirected (from California by my daughter) to me (in North Carolina). As I pointed out two days ago, I'm not objecting to your rules and procedures, but to the misleading customer support I received on the phone when I placed the order. That is, the service person I spoke with led me to believe that the order could be split out into two, rather than to advise me (correctly, according to your rules) that he would have to cancel the order and have me do it over as two orders. I don't think I should be penalized for being misled by Costco (if you admit that you permit your employees to represent your company). Don't you see that?
    If you truly do not see that or cannot see it, then I cannot help you. But I will ask you again: please tell me how to contact your supervisor. (Or I will figure it out myself, I guess.)
    Also, the service person I talked with a couple of days ago told me, "I will issue you a twenty-dollar refund." Does she not have the authority to follow through on her assurance? What's going on there?

Costco Photo Center wrote:
Thank you for contacting Costco Photo Center Support.
    You have been scheduled for a supervisor callback. As soon as a supervisor is available, you will be contacted. Callbacks typically take place within 24 hours of initiation. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.
    Thank you,
    Costco Photo Center Support

Dear Costco Online Photo Center Support:
Thanks to Mr. D for his cordial voice message on my office phone, which I heard this morning (I was away from my office Friday and the weekend). I appreciate the supervisor callback.
    However, I have the same problem with his message that I've had with the two previous emails. That is, Mr. D says "nothing we can do," "no way we can do," "there is no way," "this is policy," "policy," and (again) "nothing we can do." Please convey to Mr. D this message:
As they say, "Give me a break." Of course, there is something you can do. You can authorize my reimbursement for the cost of redirecting one of the two canvases from my daughter's in California to me in North Carolina! The real issue is not what your policy may or may not be, but rather the inadequate (because misleading) way that I was "handled" by two of the Photo Center's phone support staff. I don't feel like repeating what I've already told you, so may I ask you, Mr. D, to please read the previous correspondence? Thanks.
Thanks for conveying that to Mr. D. I appreciate it very much.
    If you should get the idea that Mr. D intends to continue to hide behind "company policy" and protestations of being powerless to do the right thing, then would you be so kind as to schedule an over-supervisor callback? Ask the over-supervisor to please call me at home, since I will not be back in the office until January 4. Thanks!
    Still looking for someone at Costco who is willing to take the managerial authority to step up and do the right thing....

No comments:

Post a Comment