Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Monday, September 12, 2011

The moon tonight

I had to fiddle with my Nikon D60's M (manual) setting to get any detail, and I'm not satisfied with the focus, but, hey, it was my first time trying to photograph the moon.
    Taken about half an hour ago, looking pretty much due east from my front walkway in Mebane, North Carolina.
    Severely cropped, of course; I don't have much in the way of magnification. No hook-up for the Nikon ED50 fieldscope yet (for digiscoping).

2 comments:

  1. I was under the impression you had the Nikon D90. Not sure why. Not a bod shot of the moon. The field scope would bring it in nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering whether some of the lack of sharpness was due to atmospheric interference? I suspect that the really great photos I've seen of the moon were taken from high-altitude observatories.

    ReplyDelete