Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Friday, September 23, 2011

7.5 Hours for Steve Reich at 75

AmBul Festival, organized by
American cellist Geoffrey Dean
I have been invited to Marathon Concert: "7.5 Hours for Steve Reich at 75," on Sunday, October 2 at 4:00 p.m., in Studio 5 at the National Palace of Culture, in Sofia, Bulgaria.
    What a treat! Geoff showed his mother and me some recordings of past AmBul festivals when we visited him in Sofia in May. Only, how am I going to swing getting there? And get back by October 6 for another important event on our current itinerary? I told Geoff that "maybe" I'd be there.

Steve Reich (born on October 3, 1936) is a "pioneering composer of minimalist music." I think Geoff talked about him in May, but I had to visit Wikipedia to remind myself of Reich's specialty.
    I'm proud to be able to extol my son's skills as an impresario, and to congratulate him for having Steve Reich's birthday party on a weekend day the closest possible to his very birthday. I suspect that the gathering in Studio 5 might last at least 31 minutes beyond the marathon concert's official ending at 11:30 p.m....

No comments:

Post a Comment