Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Monday, September 19, 2011

A little night music

Water Hyacinths
When I arrived home this evening, my wife told me that many water hyacinths were blooming in our fountain. I made a note to take some evening photographs, but almost forgot, so it was quite dark when I went out with my Nikon and tripod and remote control. I had turned on some of the landscape lighting and a light inside our back porch. Below, at f6.3 and letting the camera figure out how long to keep its shutter open, is what happened (so to speak). For all of the exposures, my tripod stood in about the same spot under our north pergola.

Iris

Japanese Maple

Ask My Wife (1)

Ask My Wife (2)

Western Night Sky

Southwestern Night Sky

2 comments:

  1. What type of shutter remote are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve, It's the standard little device (about 3/4" wide, 2.5" long, 3/16" thick) from Nikon. I just set my camera for that style of release and "remote" away ("to my heart's content").
        The passage of a minute or so with no action on the remote resets the camera to normal release.

    ReplyDelete