Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Thunder Down Under: Waterfall

(detail)
Near Salem, Oregon

Painting by Shirley Deane/Midyett

Text by Vic Midyett

Shirley saw this waterfall in the State of Oregon while visiting our oldest granddaughter and her three sons. It isn’t far from the City of Salem. The eagle was not in their field of view, but it entered Shirley’s imagination.
    It took Shirley several weeks of painting this scene to arrive at a point where she felt it was finished.

"Waterfall with Eagle" (12" x 16")

Copyright © 2018 by Vic & Shirley Deane/Midyett

6 comments:

  1. Waterfalls are just about my favorite things ever. In Dominica there is one waterfall across the entrance to a cave (Emerald Pool) and another where the waterfall is inside the cave itself (Titou Gorge). I love how this painting moves the eye; one can feel the mist and hear the splashing water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! When I received Vic's email, with this painting and the Bird of Paradise painting attached, I replied: "Absolutely stunning! Tell Jake I’m honored to present her work to Moristotle’s modest world."

      Delete
  2. OH my, bless you all. I am so proud of my best friend and wife. She was overcome with all you kind words. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete