Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Creation or Evolution?

Compromise (a poem)

By Michael Vázquez, when he was 11

[Contributed by his mother, Sharon Stoner, who reports that at age 11 Michael “wrote and illustrated a book of his poems, including some limericks. Using cardboard and stick-and-peel vinyl, he made a book to put them in. I still think he missed his calling to be a writer.”]

There’s an argument in the nation,
about evolution and creation.
    Tho I don’t know what it is,
   I hope they settle the whole biz.
Maybe compromise, and call it Evolation!


Copyright © 2019 by Sharon Stoner

2 comments:

  1. That is just about the sweetest thing. Thank you for making me smile on such a bad morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to have played a part in delivering a smile to you. Sharon sent the poem to me because she and I had been talking about her sons (who are about the ages of my own two children), and I immediately asked her permission to publish it.

      Delete