Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Monday, August 26, 2019

Revival of ...the President

W.M. Dean’s unfinished 1974 novel

By Moristotle

Updating our Book Authors’ Corner last week happily afforded me an opportunity, 45 years later, to design a book cover for my unfinished 1974 novel parodying events that transpired during and at the end of the second term of President Richard M. Nixon.
    If you missed it the first time, here’s the link to its serialization on Moristotle & Co.
    Said one generous reader of the first chapter:

Hey that was good. I mean really good. And given my total responses to your blog, it can probably be assumed I’m not given to flattery (true encouragement is another matter) and tend to mean the things I say. I strongly welcome more. From this excerpt alone I would read the entire book if available.
    Unfortunately, the Part I (of III) that I wrote is probably not as good as this reader judged the first chapter to be. I remember sending my manuscript to David Obst, who was Woodward and Bernstein’s agent for All the President’s Men. He wrote back: “Sorry, I can’t help you.” Mr. Obst didn’t discover me, and it doesn’t look as though anyone else is going to either.

Copyright © 2019 by Moristotle

3 comments:

  1. The link didn't take me anywhere but back to the same page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ed, the link brings up about 15 posts, most recent first. If you scroll down, you should see them. If you scroll all of the way to the bottom, the final one showing is the earliest one of the series.

      Delete
    2. I remember reading it now. That was a lot of years ago.

      Delete