Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Saturday, December 7, 2019

Mary’s Voice:
Posthumously Speaking 15

Detail of lighthouse painting
From field to shore

By Mary Alice Condley (1925-2007)

[Editor’s Note: I am grateful to Mary’s & my nephew Bruce Story, eldest offspring of our sister Flo Elowee, for sharing these three paintings by Mary. Her love of simple, traditional things sings sweetly through them.]

“Uncle Jesse Condley's Barn,” April 1977 (20" x 16")

Another of many barn paintings, 19?3, 10" x 8"

Another of many lighthouse paintings, [June] 1997, 20" x 16"

[Editor’s Note: If photos of the paintings with more parallel left and right sides become available, we will insert them as replacements for the three photos above.]

Copyright © 2019 by Moristotle

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful Reminds me of one of my many trips far from the middle of the country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I started Mary's "Posthumously speaking" column, I didn't know the extent of her painting, the number of paintings she had done. I thought that these three "latest" might be it, but then I heard from Bruce's sister, Dawn. She has contributed SIX more, which will be shown in two batches, on each of the next two Wednesdays.

      Delete