Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Sunday, July 24, 2022

Over the Place: Summer, Ha Noi

By Michael H. Brownstein

July opened into my life
sweat stained,
the low slanged sky
full of curse words and abominations,
the heart of a beaver,
and then:
a swamp of sun after a shade of breath,
the shelf of wind in disarray behind bolted doors
and when the rains came,
it was almost human outside


Copyright © 2022 by Michael H. Brownstein
Michael H. Brownstein’s volumes of poetry, A Slipknot Into Somewhere Else and How Do We Create Love?, were published by Cholla Needles Press in 2018 & 2019, respectively.

4 comments:

  1. Glorious, what you can do in a few lines! Thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I confess I often don't get a lot of what is being said, but then that cool breeze before the rain brings our minds together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roger,
    When we first arrived in Ha Noi, the air was so full of pollutants, it took my son and me five days before we could breath wiothout having major coughing attacks. Perhaps the monsoon rains that knocked the pollution down, helped out. All I know is I was glad to breath without coughing.

    ReplyDelete