Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Wednesday, August 24, 2022

From “The Scratching Post”:
Medievalism, Part 2

By Ken Marks

[Opening from the original on The Scratching Post, August 16, 2022, published here by permission of the author.]

In Part 1, Congresswoman Greene talked about the futility of fighting climate change. She favors confronting it stoically, as brave people have always done in the face of natural disasters. She declared her love for science when it manifests God’s glory, but she resists the timeline that science assigns to the development of life. She disparaged homosexual marriage because it doesn’t respect Nature’s demand for procreation, and she warned that changes in our sexual mores would soon lead to our extinction. She conceded that she hated Democrats and blamed them for instituting a policy of immigration without quotas. She predicted this blunder would destroy the culture that Americans had come to love.
    Obviously, her enmity ran deep. I wanted to explore this further.
        •
        •
        •
Please tell me more about the disputes with Democrats that push you toward hatred. Maybe it’s still possible to find common ground.*

I see you’re slow on the uptake, Ken, so I’ll spell it out for you.

Please do.…
_______________
*


Copyright © 2022 by Ken Marks
Ken Marks was a contributing editor with Paul Clark & Tom Lowe when “Moristotle” became “Moristotle & Co.” A brilliant photographer, witty conversationalist, and elegant writer, Ken contributed photographs, essays, and commentaries from mid-2008 through 2012. Late in 2013, Ken birthed the blog The Scratching Post. He also posts albums of his photos on Flickr.

3 comments:

  1. Ken, for my money, Part 2 more than met any expectations prompted by Part 1. Your interviewee’s huffy exit is absolutely perfect! I hope this interview presages many more to come. You clearly have a gift for interviewing.
        And you manage great empathy for Ms. Greene. You let her express herself in a seemingly sincere and forthright way. The portrayal even evoked sympathy for her in myself, something I didn’t think I was capable of doing.
        And the footnote image is simply brilliant; I made use of it to stoke the interest of readers of Moristotle & Co, which you co-founded, to come here to your Scratching Post to read beyond the snippet you kindly permitted me to post there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you go again, Morris, damning me with faint praise. Well, I won't stand for it! This time you've gone too far. I demand that you close your blog and leave the country!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, I must praise again your fabled wit as well – still up to its most pungent snuff!

      Delete