Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Tuesday, February 7, 2023

What Next? (flash fiction)

Dateline
Silicion Valley


By Moristotle

911 calls are out of control, emergency services taxed beyond expectations, chaos has exploded throughout America and too many incidents are now ignored by police and fire communication centers.
    You may not know, but I’m now on Apple’s team developing algorithms in its watches to detect wrist movements caused by crashes and falls. I even succeeded in being assigned to help test the software and write up the findings, but I think they’re on to me.
    I’m going to need extraction soon. Then another assignment. Google maybe, Comrade Yang?


Copyright © 2023 by Moristotle
Moristotle is working on the craft introduced by Michael H. Brownstein.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to Michael not only for inspiring and encouraging me to take up the art of crafting flash fiction, but also for editing this first attempt as well!
        My second attempt has taken me dozens of drafts, but I think I may finally have nailed it down (for posting tomorrow). This craft is by no means as easy as a story’s shortness might seem to imply!

    ReplyDelete