Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Saturday, May 27, 2023

​Acting Citizen: ​
My Name Should Be on the List

By James Knudsen

WHAT?!?! 
HOW MANY?!?! 
THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!

    I am insulted. I am aggrieved. I am HURT.
    For seven years I have been taking shots at Donald J. Trump. Some of my best work has been devoted to mocking the Putrid Platinum Pompadour. I have dropped one-liners that served no purpose in advancing the column’s message. The only reason they were there was to take a well-earned jab at the Orange Menace. And several articles exist SOLELY to make fun of the twice impeached, one-term, former head of the executive branch. All this is not enough to warrant a place on Russia’s list of sanctioned individuals. Sad.
    Consider this from my August 22, 2020 column, “Emails from Donald J. Trump”:
Donald J. Trump      Where have you been?
    Where have I been? Home, there’s a pandemic raging, THANKS TO YOU.
    Perhaps something from December 2020. That column started with Trump’s musing on the campaign trail that if he lost to Biden he might have to leave the country. The result was “Trump Island, and a list of ten things the citizens of the new island nation could expect. Like:
 Taxes! – They are the one thing higher than the wall. The former President has debts to pay off, and his credit rating isn’t very good.
      A conservative count puts the number of columns that have focused solely on Trump, none of them favorably, at five. Given that, how do I fail to make Putin’s list? It numbers 500! I haven’t spared Trump’s three eldest children, his third wife, or Rudy Guiliani. And the list makes absolutely no sense. Why is Sarah Huckabee Sanders sullying a list graced by Stephen Colbert, Seth Myers, and Barack Obama? 
    You’re thinking, “Well James, those are famous people.”
    Really? Ever heard of Эрик Пелтц? I didn’t think so. (Cyrillic alphabet – honestly, it’s like refusing to adopt the metric system.)
_______________
[Note: My posts that I found took aim at 45 were published in the following months’ columns:
August 2022 
June 2022
August 2021
January 2021
December 2020
August 2020
July 2020
February 2019
January 2019
November 2018
May 2017
May 2016
]


Copyright © 2023 by James Knudsen

2 comments:

  1. Acting Citizen, thank you much for the link to the list of individuals sanctioned by Russia. I have confirmed that the names of Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Stephen Tyrone Colbert, Seth Adam Meyers, Barack Hussein Obama II, and Eric Peltz (when translated from Cyrillic) are on the list, and you are not, although 20 others named James are. Let us know if you think there are things we might do to help make the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to thank you for writing this. I, too, am saddened that I am not on the list.

    ReplyDelete