Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Thor's Day: Holy humor 5

By Anonymous

Edited by Morris Dean

We keep the Holy Cow in the barn and the Holy Mackerel in the lake...I guess I don't have to tell you what we keep in....

[Note: I couldn't resist running this item as soon as appropriate after Tuesday's "Posthumously Speaking 5: Paintings domestic and wild," by Mary Alice Condley, which included her painting of a country outhouse.]

Copyright © 2014 by Morris Dean

7 comments:

  1. Where does it go---after all it is on a cloud. And does holy shit not stink? I've know people who thought their's didn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think it precipitates (or maybe dribbles) down on Creation?

      Delete
    2. In fact, isn't there another term...shitstorm?

      Delete
  2. No shit, Mr. Watson. Or, as someone else responded (by email): "Holy Shit, Morris! The things you think of!!" I had to tell her that, actually, a mutual acquaintance had submitted this one, and I am thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is caused by having the holy shits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps the big question is "Does eating the Holy Cow and/or the Holy Mackerel cause the Holy Shits?"

    ReplyDelete