Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Thor's Day: Holy Humor 6

By Anonymous

Edited by Morris Dean

[The following story is a favorite of Paul Clark, aka motomynd.]

An elderly man entered a Catholic church on a quiet Monday afternoon, looked around furtively, and made his way to the confessional booth. After some gentle prodding from the priest hidden on the other side, he told his tale:
   "I am 72 years old, have a wonderful wife, several children, many grandchildren, even a great grand child. Friday afternoon I was driving home when I gave a ride to two college girls and we started talking about college in my day versus today. One thing led to another and we wound up spending the whole weekend in a motel room. We drank alcohol, I tried some drugs I had never even heard of before, and we had sex many, many times, and in ways I never imagined. I still have not been home."
    The priest let out a long sigh. "Oh my," he said, "and now you are here to confess your many sins and beg forgiveness."
    "Beg forgiveness?" the man asked. "Why would I do that?"
   "What do you mean, why would you do that?" the priest replied, very sternly. "What kind of Catholic are you?"
   "Catholic?" the man said. "I'm not Catholic. I'm Jewish."
   "Then why are you here telling me this?" the priest asked.
   "Are you kidding?" the man asked. "I'm telling everyone who will listen."


Copyright © 2014 by Morris Dean

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever had something you wanted to tell someone so badly you'd even "go to confession" to do so?

    ReplyDelete