Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Same popular book, but with a new cover

Lots happening with its author

By Moristotle

Prolific author Shirley Skufca Hickman’s popular book Fall in Love with an Orange Tree or a Book, about a teenager whose immigrant parents are deported back to Mexico, has a new cover. Explains Shirley:
I had the rights to my book, but not the rights to the cover. I couldn’t contact the original artist so I had to create a cover that was similar. Thank heavens for former students. I contacted a girl I tutored last year and she agreed to be on the cover. Another student is a professional photographer and he took the picture. I had to get legal releases and asked Bill [former lawyer & retired judge William Silveira] to help. He did. My new editor’s husband did the graphics. It was a long process, but I love the new cover.
    Shirley adds: “Amazon is carrying both covers. The old books are selling as new and used.” The new cover image in the Book Authors’ Corner collage links to Amazon for purchase (in either paperback or as a Kindle book).

Shirley has posted a trailer for the book on YouTube.
    In addition, Shirley was recently profiled on California Life with Heather Dawson, a syndicated lifestyle newsmagazine show that airs on television nationwide and streams internationally.


The opening chapter of Fall in Love with an Orange Tree or a Book was published on Moristotle & Co. Many thanks for supporting Moristotle & Co.’s book authors.

Copyright © 2018 by Moristotle

No comments:

Post a Comment