Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

My Life [6]

Getting Cousin Ray out of prison

By Jim Rix

Early in the 1990s, while SoftRix was taking off, we learned that a distant cousin of mine, Ray Krone, was on death row. My mother assured me he was innocent, and since she was an objective thinker, not subject to the whims of bias, I decided to look into it. I visited Ray and examined court records, soon becoming convinced that my mother was right. Ray was innocent and we provided significant assistance to secure his release. But, hey, I offered in Chapter 1 to practically give you a copy of my book about that. Go read it.
$5 per book, $50 per box
of 18, shipping included
    Or if you haven’t taken advantage of my $5 offer yet, here’s a link to Chapter 1, where I described what you need to do to order a copy.
    Hmm. Hold on a minute. I went back to Chapter 1 myself, and I see I didn’t literally tell you how to contact me. So...here’s how: Email me at brokenbenchpress@gmail.com. Simple as that.
    In the meantime, when I’m not resting, I am at work on the novel Snaggletooth, which was also mentioned in Chapter 1. It’s coming along well, and that makes both me & Mo happy.


Copyright © 2020 by Jim Rix

2 comments:

  1. Jim, I sure hope you are “at work.” That is, I hope that is why I haven’t heard from you lately and, in particular, why you haven’t answered my question how many chapters of Snaggletooth you have written so far...May you be writing up a storm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for getting back to me, Jim. By this note, I assure your followers that you are okay but are having to deal with some fallouts of the coronavirus and the sky.

      Delete