Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Monday, March 9, 2020

Remembering Wally Dean
– 11 Years after We Said Good-bye

Wally, happy on New Year’s Day 2005,
on our back porch on Ironwood Drive
in Chapel Hill, North Carolina
By Moristotle

[Wally – officially Sir Walter Raleigh at the American Kennel Club – (May 19, 1996 to March 9, 2009) was about ten years old when I began blogging, so he never became as well-represented on Moristotle & Co. as Siegfried would become. In remembrance of Wally, I re-run the remembrance originally posted on March 17, 2009, which contained some tributes from staff members at the veterinary clinic that saw to Wally’s needs, including occasional kenneling.]

Aside from his human family, no one knew Wally better than the people at the vets. When I picked up his ashes last week, I was also given a card from the staff with these handwritten messages:
Dear Family,
    I was so saddened to hear of your loss. I see so many dogs each day, but Wally was special! He made my day every time he came into the clinic. I will miss seeing him & you also. You gave Wally a great life!
                Take care —
                Alicia

Dear Family,
    I am so sorry for your loss. Wally was such a sweet boy & will be missed by everyone who knew him. He was certainly lucky to be a part of your family for all those years! Please call us if you need anything. Jennifer

Dear Family,
    I am so sorry for your loss. We all loved seeing Wally and spending a little bit of time with him when he was here. He had a great life with you, and I know you will cherish your memories of him.
                ♥
                Kate

The Family,
    Wally was such a lucky boy to have you as his owners. He lived a wonderful life because of the great care you provided for him.
                ♥
                Candie[?]

Dear Family,
    I’m so sorry for your loss. Wally was a wonderful dog and lived a wonderful life because he had you all! Deepest sympathy,
                Elaina
If Wally was lucky and had a good life because of us, we were lucky and had some good life because of him. The photos below were taken on a happy, frolicsome day at Pawleys Island, South Carolina, in June 2005.






Copyright © 2009, 2020 by Moristotle

2 comments:

  1. Vic Midyett attempted to comment:

    Awww... how lovely. And great pictures!

    I reminded Vic, as I remind all who are reading this: Remember to COPY the text of your comment BEFORE you click “Preview” or “Publish.” Also (VERY important): log on to your Google account before attempting to comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vic. Those Pawleys Island photos take me back there still.

      Delete