Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Thursday, May 7, 2020

Two Is Enough:
Life as senior citizens

By Vic Midyett

Fear not, you who are young'ens, for life as a senior citizen can still be hilarious!
    I had planned to get my hair cut on the day the government morons decided to close the barber shops. My hair had gotten a lot longer than I like and was batting my forehead.

    Senior citizens’ hearing depletes somewhat. Last night, as Shirley & I got into bed, I made an announcement to her. But what she heard was...well, what she said was: “What! You might need to get an x-ray?
    After laughing for a bit, I said, “No, what I said was, ‘I might need to get some hair spray’.” Then, we both couldn’t stop laughing. Sleep was not immediate.
    Life in the fast lane of a senior citizen! Never weaken!


Copyright © 2020 by Victor L. Midyett & Shirley Deane/Midyett

5 comments:

  1. THe hearing problem happens to us all. Sue is always telling me I am deaf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. feel ya both, the hearing on both sides, and the laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her: That is nice art work. Me: No, I didn't fart, it must have been the dog.

    ReplyDelete