Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Saturday, May 16, 2020

Boldt Words & Images: A poem

Eliot in 1934,
by Lady Ottoline Morrell
With apologies to TS

By Bob Boldt

Don’t worry. I won’t be leaving the planet without a fight. Old Screwtape will have to pay dearly for this soul.



A poem with apologies to TS

More money than I could ever spend.
Gov check for $3,381 deposited.

More dope than I can ever smoke.
Got a small business going on premises
making decorated masks for customers in exchange for pot.
(thinking of getting an airbrush pen)

More time than I can ever spend.
I never thought God would grant me time
to read Ulysses again.

This is the way the world ends.
This is the way the world ends.
This is the way the world ends.

Not with a bang
but a cough.
(cough)


Copyright © 2020 by Bob Boldt

6 comments:

  1. SNL should include this poem in another of their from-home shows, and they should come into YOUR home to video YOU among your masks performing it. The viewer SO wants to hear how you deliver that final “(cough).” Bravo, bravissimo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Bob! You’ve managed to combine Lewis, Joyce, Trump, and the Possum all in one glorious verse. Pound would have been envious. Magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric, “via Moristotle” has lately become a popular channel by which to comment. Quite all right. You wrote: “For some reason I cannot leave a comment today. This happens to me often. I have many connectivity issues.”
        More than “connectivity issues” may be involved. I myself have had to resort at times to using different web browsers, depending on which device I’m using. (I’m using an iPad for this.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too timely. I'm going to go hang out with Eeyore, milk, and cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think old TS would mind a bit. We all crave a bit of immortality, to be remembered somehow, but to be remembered AND have your predictions borne out? SWEET!

    ReplyDelete