Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

West Coast Observer: Too Much Already, and More to Come

By William Silveira

Two  urgent booksThe Room Where It Happened, by John Bolton, and Too Much Is Never Enough, by Mary Trump, provide shocking insights into the malignant individual who is the United States’ current president. Bolton was the head of the National Security Council before resigning. He recounts numerous instances of Trump’s chaotic mismanagement of foreign affairs.
    Bolton’s book is 494 pages long, not counting the end notes. It is replete with a detailed recounting of the lack of thought and spur-of-the-moment decisions by Trump – and much more; if you can tolerate horror shows, you might be able to stand this. It is clear that Trump has made serious errors of judgment that endanger America’s national security. While Bolton’s book seems a little too long and detailed, I believe it had to be in order better to forestall a tit-for-tat rebuttal.
    Mary Trump’s book is a quick read. She’s a family insider and has a PhD in Advanced Psychological Studies. She has taught graduate courses in psychopathology. I’m glad I read this after the Bolton book because it provides valuable insight into Trump’s psychology and how it undergirds the decision-making detailed by Bolton.
     I am convinced that we should expect far worse from than what we have already seen.
     Congressional Republicans squelched Trump’s idea of postponing elections, so maybe some of them are finally developing a little backbone — but the jury is still out on that.


Copyright © 2020 by William Silveira

3 comments:

  1. I would like to read them both but not until that piece of crap is in a jail cell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the synopsis. It's about all my psyche can take in these times of Trump and the Virus. Let's hope they both disappear very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here in Trumpland, everyone is positive he will win. Very difficult going outside. I have to be very careful about what I say. Last time I opened my mouth about visiting Obama's home in Chicago, one of the Trumpland citizens thought I was criticizing Trump (because I was favorable to Obama) and wanted me to step outside so we could fight.

    I know there is no way I can take another four years of this ignorance and gross stupidity.

    ReplyDelete