Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Friday, January 8, 2021

78-14 Years Ago Today:
“Will you still need me, will you still feed me...?”

By Moristotle

[Originally published on my 64th birthday, January 8, 2007, without an image.]
At the stroke of midnight, timely on cue,
I clicked and updated my profile view,
    With its number on stage
    For reporting my age.
Happy my birthday, everyone of you!
My title was taken from a pertinent Beatles song. For those of you too young to know who the Beatles are (and I met a teenager at our party last night who’d never heard of them), there’s an interesting article about the song in Wikipedia.

Copyright © 2007 & 2021 by Moristotle

6 comments:

  1. John, Paul, George, Ringo and Morris—Happy 78th! Put a spin on that old Sgt Pepper album as part of your celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DID YOU MEAN 78-14 YEARS AGO? “Will you still need me, will you still feed me when I'm 64?”
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant “14 & 78,” but I like your “78-14” more, so I am going to re-title and republish. THANK YOU! (And WHO are you?)

      Delete