Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Sunday, January 1, 2023

All Over the Place:
Finding an Inside/Out

By Michael H. Brownstein

Tried something different—a play on word rhythm and rhyme. Thought a bit of new and experimental would be a grand way to enter 2023.

Finding an Inside/Out

the poetics of Jung
swung
aesthetics/synthetics

the weight of process
redress
state/trait

a dream, a breakthrough
glue
dream/stream

and that is it
wit
splat/chat


Copyright © 2023 by Michael H. Brownstein
Michael H. Brownstein’s volumes of poetry, A Slipknot Into Somewhere Else and How Do We Create Love?, were published by Cholla Needles Press in 2018 & 2019, respectively.

1 comment:

  1. Michael, I have yet to try my hand at an inside/out verse, but I may give it a try. However, I think I said that about a verse constructed entirely with palindromes, and I don’t think that’s even still on my to-do list….Hmm, I hear the quiet voice of Artesia (in harmony with Alexandra Dotcheva’s voice) saying “Do it now, get it done….”

    ReplyDelete