Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Friday, January 20, 2023

Announcing My Latest
Romance Novel

By Shirley Skufca Hickman

Sometimes a character I’m writing about refuses to leave. In my previous romance novel, The Tangled Web of Love, Priscilla didn’t have a boyfriend. In the sequel, Love Finds a Way, she finds Randall.
    After I narrated their first meeting (see the excerpt below), I found I liked Randall and wanted to continue to write about him: he is illegitimate and poor and can’t pursue Priscilla. Love Finds a Way goes on to discover the two characters’ journey, which becomes the book’s major love story, with many disappointments and a final, romantic ending. Love finds a way.

Excerpt from
Love Finds a Way


When Priscilla arrived home, she dismounted and led her horse into the stable.
    A tall, young man without a shirt stood pouring a bucket of water over his jet-black hair. Rivulets of water ran down his broad shoulders, muscular arms, taut stomach and low-slung breaches. He shook his head, and drops of water hit her face. She wiped them away with the back of her hand.
    Shocked, she blurted, “What are you doing?”
    “I’m cooling off.” He made no attempt to cover himself. He smiled, showing even white teeth and a salacious grin as his blue eyes roamed from her riding clothes to her blushing cheeks.
    “I…you…I—”
    Noted for her witty repartee in London society, she was now at a loss for words and could only repeat, “What are you doing here?”
    He eyed her. “You saw what I was doing?”
    Yes she had, and his bare chest unnerved her. She turned and hurried from the stable.
    Who was that insufferable man and what was he doing in her father’s stable?….
_______________
Love Finds a Way is available on Amazon.


Copyright © 2023 by Shirley Skufca Hickman

2 comments:

  1. Shirley, after actually reading and enjoying perhaps my first romance novel when I reviewed Kathryn Williams’ & the late Carolyn Waggoner’s Rhino Dreams, I am leaning heavily toward reading your romance novels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley, thanks for sending me a copy of Love Finds a Way, which makes it a foregone conclusion: I WILL read your latest romance novel!

    ReplyDelete