Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Thursday, July 27, 2023

Farewell to Moristotle & Co.

By Pat Hamilton

Vale, Moristotle!
    When I was down, Morris lifted me by publishing me. I know all other contributors feel the same. He increased my joy by becoming a brilliant penpal, too, taking me along to France and to Duluth, Minnesota. I treasured his friendship as a private joy, until I realized everyone else knows and feels it, too.
    The nightly news tries to convince us of a dark new world of hate and division, but Morris and Goines return us to a world of love and family.
    Let’s hope he’s a David Bowie, whose every tour was a “final” tour...until the next one.
    Keep living, loving, writing, and inspiring, dear Morris!


Copyright © 2023 by Pat Hamilton

5 comments:

  1. Dear, dear Paddy, a David Bowie I don’t think I am. But, because it’s you hoping I am, I would be a David Bowie if I could. Let’s always be penpals, for so long as our fingers can remember how to pen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Roger Owens, it will only let me comments as anonymous. We do feel it, my friend, he has raised us all up, boats on the tide you know. Good to have read some of your stuff, very direct. And Morris: "Ground Control to Major Tom..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your praise, Roger. I admire your work, too, and am pleased to learn I'll still be able to read here your songs and novels I haven't gotten to yet. And while I have a chance, let me relate a "fight" I had with dear Morris over referring to "a cab breathing in the kitchen" in one of my stories. Mau asked if I expected readers to believe there was a taxicab there, whereas I believe even Parisian sommeliers call the wine "cab," as easier to say or type than cabernet sauvignon. I'm almost positive our editor was just messing with me, but I've never been entirely sure. He's a rascal!

      Delete
    2. Paddy, I wish I had been messing with you. That way, I’d have a better chance of seeming sophisticated and worldly wise. But I guess I am a rascal!

      Delete
  3. And apparently I cannot count. All four!

    ReplyDelete