Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Saturday, July 1, 2023

Links to First Appearances of “Goines On” Covers

A Visual Index

By Moristotle

While applying the finishing touches to “Links to André Duvall’s Father Billy Charles Duvall’s Art,” I thought of the rather obvious possibility of constructing a similar index to my “Goines On” vignettes, using the column’s unique cover images and linking each one to the very first (or only) vignette that used it.
    What you see here (and can also see in the sidebar) is the result. Try out a link or two.


And that wasn’t all (or even half of it), because I felt a strong inspiration and motivation to get on with fulfilling a commitment I had made to my son and daughter, that I would begin publishing book collections of my “musings & perusings” before the end of 2023. My initial book would be (and might still be) a collection of some of my better poems.
   But I feel more inclined to launch the book project with a collection whose cover might look something like this:

Copyright © 2023 by Moristotle
During the first few years Moristotle worked in UNC’s Office of the President, he became acquainted with a gifted graphic designer, Ms. Kelly Peak. He is pleased that designing the cover for “Goines On: A self-portrait in fictional vignettes” prompted him to think of those years.

No comments:

Post a Comment