Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Monday, July 24, 2023

Farewell to Moristotle & Co.

By Ed Rogers

Morris, I once told you that if we weren’t writing or editing we would be dying. I’m not sure that is the case, but we are closer to that truth today than when I said it. It has been one hell of a ride. You edited nine books for me and I have no idea how many stories. You have not only been my editor and close friend but you have also come to know more about my life than any other person on this earth. I am sure I am not the only one who can say that. People have opened themselves up on your blog like no place I have ever seen before. You gave us a place to share, to vent, and even to become friends with people we would never meet in person.
    I have so much enjoyed riding this trail with you. The list of people I have met along the way seems endless. The stories they shared brought smiles, tears, and even anger sometimes. They were never dull. I find myself smiling as I remember and write this.
    To all things, there comes an end. This one is bittersweet. I believe your dream for the blog has fulfilled your expectations. And we who were welcomed into that dream thank you.
    If we had some horses, my old friend, we could just ride off into the sunset. That would be a fitting ending to a long friendship.
    Enjoy your retirement. And remember: I’m only an e-mail away.


Copyright © 2023 by Ed Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment