Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sunday Reviewer's day off

[Click to enlarge]
At the beach with my camera

By Morris Dean

The place was Carolina Beach, North Carolina. The Pelican shown to the right was lounging out near the boat dock on the marina inlet from the Intracoastal Waterway, and the Purple Martins shown below were at work feeding their young, or so I gathered.
    My Nikon Coolpix was mounted on a field scope to get me up close and almost personal.
    It felt personal, in any case. But, then, I'm a soft touch for our feathered brethren.








_______________
Copyright © 2014 by Morris Dean

Comment box is located below

5 comments:

  1. The beach is a good place to be off to - especially with a camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photographs! I love the pose of the pelican. I hope to return to a beach in North Carolina before too long. I hope you are having a relaxing trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andre, that pelican got into quite a few interesting postures; that's only one of a dozen photos.

      Delete
  3. You would go bird crazy down here. We hear new sounds everyday, I would run out to see if a could catch a look when we first got here but now, I know they will be there tomorrow. Good pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, bird SOUNDS too! At the state aquarium at Ft. Fisher last week, we couldn't SEE any quail in a certain area, but we could HEAR them. Really loud sounds, not our typical song bird trills.
          I derived such satisfaction from digiscoping for those few days at the beach (on the marina inlet a few blocks from the beach, actually), I should treat myself and do it much more often here at home.

      Delete