Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Farewell to Moristotle & Co.

By Geoffrey Dean

My dad asked his family one morning, “Is it time for me to stop blogging?” He said he felt he was trying to do more things than he had the facility for. If he stopped blogging, he could concentrate on preparing the musings & perusings collections that Jennifer and I suggested five years ago.
    Jennifer responded first with the observation that “blogging has been like a job; maybe you’re ready to retire and start a new chapter.”
    I agreed with Jennifer, and we both suggested that he could just post less frequently. (I’m the one who has not posted to the Alwinac since May…).
    Within the hour, Dad chose full retirement rather than a gradual one and emailed the blog staff that he was retiring, effective July 31.
    I add my farewell to the others that have been submitted. I am sure that everyone associated with Moristotle & Co. (myself included) appreciates how Dad nurtured their creativity over the years, in so many ways, from encouraging us to write to editing what we’ve written, curating comments on so many posts—it’s really a bit daunting to me to think about how anyone could keep up with it all so successfully for so long! Nobody could fault him for choosing to focus more on some other creativity.


Copyright © 2023 by Geoffrey Dean

1 comment:

  1. Lisa Adamson Austin emailed me this message for you, Geoff:
    Both your dad and I worked in the Academic Affairs department of UNC General Administration before we both retired years ago (I retired over 11 years ago). It has been my pleasure to continue to hear from Morris about his musings and doings over these years, as well as the interesting and entertaining posts from the many contributors.
        I fully understand you dad's desire to focus on his own desires now, but his voice will be missed!

    ReplyDelete