Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Thursday, August 10, 2023

Farewell to Moristotle & Co.

By Chuck Smythe

Dear Morris, you lasted far longer than I! Your endurance was a marvel to behold, and offered us a wonderful stable of writers. Alas, after Esther began her long decline, I just didn’t have the will to create, and haven’t written anything for a long time. I did continue to follow Morisco, though, and occasionally I even left a comment. And I emailed you once in a while, though my messages were brief.
    Thank you for the opportunities to write, and to be so well edited. I think my best was the account of my hippy days in Cardinal [A Creek Runs through It,” May 28, 2020]. I wish there was some practical way to save that for future entertainment – I tried, but found no way to save all the links. Do you have a way? [See July 31’s “Parting Words.” ]
    My only recent accomplishment was to participate in an exceptionally good performance of the “Passion According to Saint John,” done with a Baroque orchestra. This included a contra bassoon, a mighty instrument nearly three meters tall. Also, there was a huge lute (I forget its formal name at the moment).
    Since then I have marked time recovering from an ugly cold (Covid?) and a knee sprained when a spring snowdrift proved hollow. My next planned adventure is whale-watching in Baja.
    I hope to stay in touch. I have worried about Goines’ tone recently. Be strong!
                                Love, Chuck


Copyright © 2023 by Chuck Smythe

1 comment: