Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Friday, August 11, 2023

Farewell to Moristotle & Co.


When I was talking to Geoffrey Dean about my experience on the European route El Camino and he said “Why don’t you write something about it for my father’s blog? It doesn’t have to be something long and complicated and if you don’t want to do that, we can make it as an interview, you would only answer some questions,” I didn’t know “Adventures from Bulgaria” would become part of the great adventure called Moristotle & Co. But now that I know, I also know I will miss it. I will miss every bit of it – sharing the experience which made me live it once again, the encouraging words from other members, their colorful stories, the considerate, never tired, and always understanding Moristotle who not only looked through my eyes to make my texts sound better, but supported and encouraged me as an editor and a dear friend. I will be forever thankful for everything, Morris. You made my life more meaningful.

Copyright © 2023 by Valeria Idakieva

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, dear Valeria, for bringing your adventures from Bulgaria to the shores (and heartlands) of Moristotle & Co.! Though you and I have never met (at least not yet), we can both be grateful that you and Geoffrey became acquainted through those festivals of music you contributed to. They were called “The Rita Music Exchange,” weren’t they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, it was through the International Chamber Music Academy with students from the Illinois Wesleyan University that I got acquainted to Geoffrey, but this is not so important. Moristotle & Co. was a new window for me, a window from which I could see new and exciting views, another different world. I would be always grateful for having the chance to have this window opened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for identifying the International Chamber Music Academy as the venue where you met Geoffrey. I searched on that and found the “First Monday with Characters” column (June 2014) in which Geoffrey reported on it.

      Delete